Cleaning fabric sofa covers should be done regularly to keep them in good condition. The fabric of the sofa is very delicate and it needs meticulous handling and care to look neat and fresh. Most of the fabric sofa covers get stained due to various reasons. Such as coffee, juice, food spills, pet stains etc. Any material that leaves a mark on the cover gets hard to remove later on and may need to be replaced with a new one.
Keeping the fabric sofa clean is not a tough job but you may find it tough to follow a regular schedule. You can use several home cleaning agents to clean your covers such as liquid fabric cleaner or dry cleaning powder. In the case of liquid fabric cleaner, alcohol is used to kill the bacteria and other microorganisms present on the fabric. Dry cleaning powder is used to remove the stain and dirt from the cover and to leave a clean and shiny appearance.
Before starting your work, make sure the fabric is cleaned properly using any of these substances. You can either rent a vacuum cleaner for this purpose or can do it yourself by using a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment. You should start at the bottom of the sofa. Work your way towards the centre or even from side to side. If you are unable to clean the entire sofa in one go, then you can divide your task into smaller tasks.
You can start with the stains first and move on to the areas with loose stains. Dampen the fabric sofa cover with a wet towel and make sure the cloth gets saturated with water. After having sufficient time to soak the fabric sofa cover in water, use a dry towel to wipe the fabric dry. Never ever let a wet cloth stay for long on the fabric sofa.
For further cleaning and hygiene measures, never ever put the sofa in a dryer or use the extreme air conditioner. Some fabric is a natural fibre and is sensitive to extreme temperature change. It will be damaged beyond repair if you expose it to too much heat. Once you have finished cleaning the fabric, dry it thoroughly with another clean dry towel.
When the fabric sofa cover gets dirty, never try to wash it with a washing machine. The fabric fibres get damaged in the process. Instead, use a mild detergent and warm water to clean the fabric gently. Never iron fabric, use a fabric softener only. Contact Breeze Cleaning Melbourne for professional upholstery cleaning.
- How To Prepare For Carpet CleaningHow to prepare for carpet cleaning at home or office Have you decided to book a steam or dry carpet cleaning service for your home or office? Preparing the area with these simple steps before the carpet cleaner is due to visit will… Read More »How To Prepare For Carpet Cleaning
- How To Remove Red Wine From CarpetKnow how to remove red wine from carpet Spilling red wine on the carpet is a common accident. Red wine’s acidic composition and dark tones sometimes makes it impossible to completely remove from fabric or carpets, especially if the spillage is overlooked and… Read More »How To Remove Red Wine From Carpet
- Carpet Cleaning Service Vs Rental Carpet CleanerA comparison between professional carpet cleaning service vs rental carpet cleaner It’s time for an end of lease carpet cleaning, your carpets need a spring clean, or just spot cleaning a spill, and you’re wondering whether to do the carpet… Read More »Carpet Cleaning Service Vs Rental Carpet Cleaner
- Professional 7 Step Carpet Cleaning For Best ResultsProfessional 7 step carpet steam cleaning to achieve best results Breeze Cleaning Melbourne explains professional 7 step carpet steam cleaning that helps to achieve best results of carpet cleaning. Our premium carpet cleaning involves all these 7 steps that takes… Read More »Professional 7 Step Carpet Cleaning For Best Results
- Does Your Carpet Cleaner Do T.A.C.T / C.H.A.T ? Hidden SecretDoes Your Carpet Cleaner Do T.A.C.T / C.H.A.T ? It is possible to do carpet cleaning with an over the counter rental carpet cleaner along with carpet detergent. As a result, do you get your desired clean carpet? Or, does… Read More »Does Your Carpet Cleaner Do T.A.C.T / C.H.A.T ? Hidden Secret
- Tips for Commercial Carpet CleaningTips for Office Carpet Cleaning “Commercial places trap more soilage, dirt and germs in carpets for their frequent use. Not maintaining them properly reduces indoor air quality and hygiene. Some basic practices on commercial carpet cleaning can improve office… Read More »Tips for Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- How Can You Remove Carpet Stains?How can you remove carpet stains, whether from urine or blood, is the question of many homeowners and business owners. Stains on a carpet occur due to the presence of food, drinks, oil or grease particles that remain in the… Read More »How Can You Remove Carpet Stains?
- Know Carpet Cleaning Services in MelbourneCarpet cleaning in Melbourne is similar to other professional carpet cleaning services. In general, it usually costs between four to ten dollars per square metre. Professional carpet cleaning companies generally charge depending on the type of carpet fibres, the number… Read More »Know Carpet Cleaning Services in Melbourne
- Is Local Carpet Cleaners Worth the Weight?Local Carpet Cleaners in Melbourne There are quite a few carpet cleaning services in Melbourne available, and most of them boast of a wide range of carpet cleaning equipment and expert cleaning abilities. But it is still a good idea… Read More »Is Local Carpet Cleaners Worth the Weight?
- How to Choose a Local Commercial Carpet CleanerWhen looking for a local Commercial Carpet Cleaner in The neighbourhood, you can rest assured that you’ll find someone who is reliable, professional, and knowledgeable. Hiring and choosing the best Commercial Carpet Cleaners will make or break your commercial cleaning… Read More »How to Choose a Local Commercial Carpet Cleaner
- 5 Office Cleaning Tips That Will Make You Work Smarter and Not HarderThere are many different office cleaning tips you can use to keep your place of business clean. You need to be organized, but most importantly you need to stay calm when doing this job. Keep it organized and get the… Read More »5 Office Cleaning Tips That Will Make You Work Smarter and Not Harder
- Tips On How To Clean Area Rugs YourselfAre you wondering how to clean area rugs on your own? Rugs are an important part of any room and knowing how to clean them properly can save you a lot of money if you get them right. If you… Read More »Tips On How To Clean Area Rugs Yourself